Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 5 of RYIRS and Day 1 of Couch to 5K

This is my first post, but I have been doing the 11 Week Reveal Your Inner Rawk Star program over at Raw Food Rehab for 5 days now.  I've been mulling over the idea of the Couch to 5K running podcast by Robert Ullrey for a month now and today I decided to just get off my ass and do it.  What have I got to lose?
First, I want to recap my food choices over the first few days of RYIRS:

Day 1: Saturday, July 10, In Houston
Breakfast: Banana & Coffee with Soy Creamer
Lunch: 1/2 Bell Pepper Stuffed with Cashew Pate, Banana Romaine Smoothie
Dinner: Tomato & Avocado with Salt and Pepper Atop Two Slices of Baguette

Day 2: Sunday, July 11, In Houston
Breakfast: Water & Coffee with Soy Creamer (busy getting a baby shower set up with my mom and mom-in-law)
Lunch: Raw Ranch Dip with Crudites and Vegan Pineapple Right-Side-Up Cupcakes
Dinner: Veggie Burrito with Guacamole from Chipotle (Hey, I'm being honest!)

Day 3: Monday, July 12, Back in Austin, but still hadn't gone grocery shopping
Breakfast: A Vegan Pineapple Right-Side-Up Cupcake
Lunch: Raw Ranch Dip with Crudites and Vegan Pineapple Right-Side-Up Cupcakes
Dinner: Dave's Spicy Super Sushi & a Manna-wich from Daily Juice

 













Day 4: Tuesday, July 13, Went Grocery Shopping!
Breakfast: Smoothie with Almond Milk made from Fruit Salad leftover from Baby Shower
Lunch: Chocolate Cherry Bomb Shake with Oats & Hemp Protein Powder
Dinner: Green Gazpacho

Day 5:
Breakfast: Vegan Overnight Oats with Sweet Cherry Banana Compote
Lunch: Leftover Green Gazpacho
Dinner: Marinated Mushrooms with Balsamic Broccoli














The podcast run/walk went pretty well, although I really wanted to quit halfway through.  The second half of the run was much easier (I guess I was warmed up or maybe just numb!).  I plan on doing it again Friday morning leaving a day between each workout.  So my schedule would be W, F, Su and break on the other days.  It's a 9 week program, so let's see if I can make it!  Oh wait, I'll be positive: I CAN do it!

Also, I plan to update with some pics of my meals as well.  I've made/had some yummy stuff.
Tschüs!

No comments:

Post a Comment